Illinois FFA Center
3221 Northfield Drive
Springfield, IL 62702
(217) 753-3328 x101 Cell-217.412.5646
(217) 753-3359 fax
Last 5 messages
Great Neighbor essay contestMonday, April 17, 2017
***Sent to All Contacts
Earlier this year, Tractor Supply Company (TSC) announced the launch of its first ever ‘Great Neighbor’ essay contest. This competition is a new component of the retailer’s Mobile Fair Tour — a 19-stop journey across the United States that will begin its route June 8 in Illinois and conclude Oct. 22 in Arkansas.
TSC is asking FFA members living in or near one of its 19 fair stops to submit essays in response to the following question: What does 4-H/FFA mean to you, and how has your organization allowed you to be the best neighbor you can be in your community?
TSC will use the essay contest to select five winners per fair stop to be recognized during a special ceremony at their respective state or county fair. Winners will be presented with a commemorative certificate and TSC gift pack.
Eligible FFA members have until Monday, April 24, at 5 p.m. CST to submit an essay.
To be eligible for a prize, you must:
- Be at least 8 years of age, with parent’s permission.
- Be an active member of FFA in one of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Texas.
- Be available to appear during a recognition ceremony at TSC’s Fair Tour on a to-be-determined date (i.e., the first Saturday TSC will be at the selected fairgrounds).
- Agree to have their submitted name or image displayed on the TSC website, social channels and/or printed materials and used by us for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
- Tractor Supply Company, any participating sponsors and their advertising agencies and members of their immediate families are not eligible to win a prize. The term "immediate families" includes only spouses, parents and children.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
To submit an essay, review full contest rules and regulations, visit www.tractorsupply.com/fairtour.
|Event||City||State||Start Date||End Date|
|Macon County Fair||Decatur||IL||6/8||6/11|
|Wapello County Regional Fair||Eldon||LA||6/14||6/18|
|Woodford County Fair||Frankfort||KY||6/22||6/25|
|Big Butler Fair||Prospect||PA||7/1||7/4|
|Wolf's Corner Fair||Tionesta||PA||7/6||7/8|
|Trumbull County Fair||Warren||OH||7/13||7/16|
|Perry County Fair||Heath||OH||7/20||7/23|
|OH State Fair||Columbus||OH||7/26||8/1|
|Preble County Fair||Eaton||OH||8/2||8/5|
|IL State Fair||Springfield||IL||8/10||8/13|
|KY State Fair||Louisville||KY||8/17||8/20|
|NY State Fair||Syracuse||NY||8/24||8/27|
|MN State Fair||St. Paul||MN||8/31||9/4|
|Pottawatomie County Free Fair||Shawnee||OK||9/7||9/9|
|White County Fair||Searcy||AR||9/14||10/7|
|GA National Fair||Perry||GA||10/13||10/16|
|OK State Fair||Oklahoma City||OK||9/20||9/24|
|Titus County Fair||Mount Pleasant||TX||9/27||9/30|
|State Fair of TX||Dallas||TX||10/5||10/15|
|AR State Fair||Little Rock||AR||10/19||10/22|
If you have any questions regarding this essay contest, please contact Breck Rochow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be removed from this list, contact email@example.com